Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sleepy Breeze and bikes!

I have been meaning to blog about this for a while now. Mike kept telling me that I could put Clay to sleep better than he could. So he came up with this idea to get him to go to sleep. While he is rocking him he blows on his face. He calls it the sleepy breeze. He says this works because then he HAS to close his eyes, which will make him even more sleepy and he WILL go to sleep. Well I am not totally convinced that this little trick works. So one day, when we went to Moab actually, he was in his car seat and would not go to sleep. So I got in the back with him and since he had been crying so much his poor little head was bright red and he was hot. So I not thinking about the sleepy breeze starting blowing on his face a little bit to COOL him down! Well it worked and he went to sleep, and Mike caught me doing the sleepy breeze. So anyways it is an on going joke around here and I am still not totally convinced that it works.

Next thing. We ordered our bikes!!! YEAH!! I am so excited. I am getting a road bike. I want to go on long rides, that is my goal. I am not sure when or how I will do these longs rides, but I will figure it out! I am getting a CADD9 , and I am going to get clipless petals (red ones!) which I am nervous and excited about. That huge scar on Mike's arm. . . that is from clipless petals!!
Mike is also getting a new bike, opposite of mine. The bike I am getting is known for how light it is, Mike's bike is known for how incredibly heavy it is. His bike is for going really fast down hill. It is called the perp.
Clay is getting a chairot so he can come along on all of our fun adventures! He is still a little too small for it though, so maybe when is about 6 months old he will be able to fit into it. We will see.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Fun! I have no idea either if that sleepy breeze works, but I do that to get my kids to swallow their medicine, haha. Fun bikes I am jealous how active you guys are. I don't have that kind of energy!

jen morgan said...

Mikes a nutter. I can't believe you tried the sleepy breeze! Haha!

I like your bike, and as long as you're not trying to "pop wheelies" in the driveway like little Mike was, I'm sure your clipless pedals will be fine!

So does that picture mean Mike decided against the 80's nightmare paint bike?!?!? If so, hooray!!
xox

Cassie said...

Hey, to answer your question on the blog. She doesn't put weight on her legs so the OT wants a PT to check her out, but the doctor wants to weight so who knows what we'll do!

Anonymous said...

Pretty bikes! How come you won't be my friend on facebook?