Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wow. . its been a while!

Our new little family


Grandma and Grandpa came to see us at the hospital

Clay holding her for the first time.

Well, my last post was about how I was pregnant and now I have an almost 4 month old baby!! Violet has been an awesome baby and has slept through the night since she was just a couple weeks old. She is a super content baby and loves her big brother. Her big brother also loves her, maybe a little too much, if that is possible. Clay calls her sweetheart, it is the cutest thing ever. He loves giving her hugs and kisses all day. He lays down on the floor with her to play with toys and sometimes will sing songs to her.

Okay so my story about having her. Where to start. . . . . I started having contractions June 8th early in the morning when Mike was at UPS. I was kind of freaking out b/c with Clay it went super fast and Mike wasn't getting home until 8 ish. Well I had contractions for a while. . . . they weren't very consistent or very strong. When I would walk they would get stronger and closer together, well long story short, next morning still no baby. I couldn't sleep at all that night because my contractions kept waking me up. So that morning we walked around some more and called my Doula to ask her what to do. She came over and massaged my feet and used some oils that were supposed to help speed up contractions. . .I was willing to try anything at this point. Still nothing was happening, it came lunch time and we decided just to go to the hospital and ask them to break my water. We got all checked in and they said the doctor would have to decide, so we just had to wait until he was there. At this point I was regretting not eating lunch before I got there, because now it was nothing but ice chips and popcicles! So skip forward a few hours to about 6:00 and the doctor came in and told me he would go ahead and break my water, which took all of 2 seconds. After that I started having contractions really close together and a lot more intense. We had our doula come in right before he broke my water because we had a feeling she would come out quick after that was done. Oh . .. also I was doing this all natural. So for each contraction I had my stress ball that I was squeezing the crap out of. I was kind of in a sitting position at this point so Mike was pushing up against my knees, it just positioned my hips different so it didn't hurt as much. When I say pushing I mean putting all of his weight into my knees and I was telling him to push more, he was sweating by the end of all of this too. So they say about the point when you feel like you can't handle it any more is when you are about done. So I felt like I was close to that point, the doc came in to check me and I was at a 7!!!! WHAT! I was. . . a little frustrated/mad. So they decided to turn me on my side and I went from a 7 to 10 in minutes. I was already ready to push and ended up having her on my side. I was amazing and crazy intense. It was such a cool experience and I am glad that I did it. I have a beautiful baby girl that I absolutely adore. My recovery was awesome I only stayed in the hospital one night. It was so fun to have Clay come in and see her for the first time, he thought everything about her was so cute. He kept looking at her and saying. . awwww, it was adorable. Also my mom flew in that day so she was there to help us right away which was so nice. Clay got to stay with Blake while we were at the hospital and didn't want to come home when it was time, he loves his cousin Blake.

So since then we have gone camping a few times. We went to Hyrum Dam once.. just down the road, went up our canyon another time, and we just got back from Jackson Hole this last weekend. On Thursday morning we leave to go to St. Louis for my sister Angie's wedding, and then we are off to Nebraska for a few days! I am so excited to see all of my family!! In July the Taylor fam came out to visit and we had so much fun with them! Also we had her baby blessing in August and my mom and dad flew out and Clay had a blast playing with them and was so sad when they had to leave. We also went to Park City with Nate, Tammy, and Blake. Well hopefully it won't be so long until my next post. Clay is going to be three soon and I can't believe it!

A couple more things. The first time she smiled it was at Clay, then my Niece Haylee, and then ME! This weekend she learned how to laugh, cutest thing ever.

Fathers Day

Baby Blessing

Clay's favorite friend Avi that moved :(



Smiling at Daddy

Clay talks about this day all the time, the girls we shopping at swiss days :)


2 comments:

Megan and Travis said...

Cute pictures!! Clay looks so big, I'm probably going to be so shocked when I see him!!! I can't believe it's been almost 6 months! And violet smiling is so cute, I can't wait to meet her and see you guys! Just 1 more day :) we're so excited!!

jen said...

Thanks for the update!! It's crazy how fast things change. Baby girls are so fun.