Monday, July 6, 2009

So Many Updates!

There are quite a few things I need to write about, so here we go . . .

I went to El Paso for a week to visit my sister Racheal and her family. While I was there Mike went on high adventure with my nephew Trent in Lake Powell. He had a good time, and said it was very relaxing not having to work 3 jobs. He actually got to read a book!!! That rarely happens. I had an awesome time with my sister and her family. We did tons of fun things like, go to the pool, made terrariums, made picture frames, went shopping, and made plum jam! My mom was also able to come up for a few days too. I also got tons of good baby boy clothes from Racheal. One night we made plum jam from their very own tree in their backyard. It took a while, but it was really fun, we all had our stations and made a good little assembly line. The jam turned out really yummy!! I think we had like 52 bottles of jam, something like that. They are getting ready to move to Illinois, so it was fun to visit them in their house before the moved. I had a great time. We had fun staying up late and talking every night, that is my most favorite thing to do when I visit my family.

Clay loved Playing with the kids

Cora got stickers and was putting them on everyone, even on Clay's hands

This is just the beginning of plum jam makings

The other thing is Clay is now pulling himself EVERYWHERE! He loves it! He can't stop moving, and when he sees kids running he can't help but watch them the whole time. He wants to run so badly, and that is when I will be getting him a leash! He has been so fun, he keeps me busy making sure he isn't getting into anything he isn't supposed to. He loves cords, plastic bags, paper and sometimes he likes his toys. He can even crawl off the little step we have in our bedroom. He just hangs his little arms over the edge and then pulls himself forward until he falls off of it basically. He also is saying dadada and making new noises almost everyday. He also got a tooth!!! I don't have a picture of that yet. It isn't all the way up, but it is up through his gum's!

Thursday of last week Jen and Cody's ward had their 4th of July celebration. They were having games and treats at the church and then watching fireworks afterward. It was raining for a while before it started so we assumed it was canceled, so Jen and I headed over to Joanne Fabric to get some things. Cody called while we were there and said everybody was over at the church. So we got back and headed over there. They have this train that they do that is pulled by a four wheeler, and the seats everybody sits in are made out of big blue barrels. The kids love it and line up all night to ride on it! So we had Cody take Clay and they loved it. Mike got their right before the fireworks started and then he and Clay slept through all of them!!! It was a fun night though and I attempted to take pictures of the fireworks.
Clay and Cody going on a train ride!

Sleeping through the fireworks

For the 4th of July Travis and Megan came up from SLC. Travis and his friend Cody helped Mike put up a metal shed in our backyard, which is very nice to have. It didn't take too long, and we love it! After they did that we went to Hyrum, they had some booths set up and free watermelon so we thought we would go look around. We missed the free watermelon, but I got a really pretty pentant from the lady I always have to buy something from! She is my favorite, she is at the farmers market usually. After that Travis and Megan headed home because they were leaving Sunday morning to go to Japan!!!! We also made neck pillows for them while they were here, to try and help them sleep on the plane. They had a 10 hour flight! So anyways, after that we met up with Jen and Cody at the bluebird for some dinner. Had some good dinner and got some yummy chocolates, and went and sat outside to watch the Cache Valley Cruise in. It was a lot of fun, Clay loved all the motorcycles. He did not like the cops on the motorcycles, because they for some reason had to have their sirens going! After that we went home, and all went for a little bike ride, and then out for ice cream! It was a really fun day!
waiting for the cars to start coming!

Other than that, we had a couple look at our house for the second time on Saturday. They were here for about an hour. Our Realtor was going to call them this morning and get back to us, so I am excited to hear what they say! Hopefully everything works out!


Clay loves eating grass and dirt, his papa is so proud.

2 comments:

Pierce Family said...

That video of Clay scootin' is so dang cute!! I cant believe he is moving around already.

amy said...

you have been busy! come to buffalo please! we want clay to scootch around on our floor. love you!