Monday, February 8, 2010

My visit to St. Louis

The last part of January I went to visit my mom and dad in St. Louis. Angie just recently got a new job there and had just moved there a couple weeks before so I got to see her too!! Also Racheal and her family now live about 3 hours away, so they came up for the weekend! I had a lot of fun spending time with my family.

I was a little .. okay a lot worried about the flights out there and back, but they actually went extremely well! I am not sure how soon we will be flying again, but it went well. I took lots of little snacks, books, toys, and borrowed a dvd player from Mike's mom.

We didn't get as much done as we had hoped but watching Clay is about all we could handle. He loves to run around and climb and fall off everything. So I am constantly trying to keep him from getting more bruises.

My mom did get a new puppy while we were there and she is so cute! She loved playing with Clay, he was just her size. She would run after him and try and play with him. He wasn't so sure at first, and he didn't really like it. He got used to her though and would start to chase her around. They had fun together. She is a cute little puppy, her name is Carly. Bonita (Angie's dog) was not too sure about her either, and I think still is not to fond of the new puppy.

One night we got to go out to dinner to a fancy Italian place! Clay stayed home with Racheal's kids and played with them all night. It was so fun to go out to dinner with my sisters and my mom and dad. The food was delicious and we had a lot of fun together. I got to learn about all the times my mom had to take babies to the hospital!!

Mike was in Denver looking and drooling over all the new snowboards for next year. He drove with a couple of guys he works with at Al's. They drove there Wednesday and drove home Friday night. It was a quick trip but I think he had fun.

So this week we are going to start the Whole body action plan! It is through the body + soul magazine. The first week is a detox, well the last four days of the week is. So we are getting ready to start. My mom and sister, Racheal, are going to do it as well, so it will be nice to have some encouragement. There are a lot of new foods that we will be trying and I can't wait! I think it will be fun! I will let you all know how it works out!

3 comments:

amy said...

natalie! i just finished the body and soul plan! it was good, but i liked last year's plan better. you'll feel good when you get going. enjoy!

Kami said...

So glad to see your blog! Now I need to find your stuff on etsy - you are so talented!
kami macey

Anonymous said...

I want an update!!! Please. Thank you! Love ya! :)