Monday, June 1, 2009

TEXAS!!!


I went to see my mom for a week and I had the best time with her. So about a month ago Travis called me and told me he was going to Houston and he got a good deal on plane tickets. So I decided I wanted to go with him, I called my mom to tell her and she didn't answer, so I decided she didn't get to know, I was going to surprise her.

The surprise was awesome. I waited inside and waited for Travis to wave me outside when my mom got there. She pulled up and they were putting Trav's bags in the car when I walked up behind her. I didn't know what to do to get her attention. I was just going to ask her if she had room for two more. Travis got out the camera and my mom says "okay we are taking my picture at the airport!" She turned around and saw Clay and I and screamed!! Then she hugged us really tight and the combination of the two made Clay scream as well. It was so funny, I love surprising people! My mom said she didn't have even the slightest clue that we were coming and was surprised to find out everybody knew but her!

The week was awesome, we went swimming, shopping, eating, and had a great time talking every night before we went to bed. My Dad came that weekend, he got in Friday night and we got to spend all day Saturday and part of Monday with him. My niece Afton got baptized that weekend so my mom and dad flew out Sunday Morning early and got back Monday morning!! What a fast trip! Angie also came to visit as well! I had a lot of fun with her, she came Friday and left Monday night.

Clay loved swimming in the pool! The cold water didn't bother him at all!! We got a little crab floaty for him, that had a little shade on it to keep him out of the sun. He loved kicking his little feet and splashing in the water. This video is of him playing with a little fountain thing in the pool. He loved it, you can see his little foot covering up with water and then taking it off. That tickles your foot too!! I don't know how he could stand it, but he thought it was great.


Clay was spoiled at got lots of new clothes!! He got some really cute stuff. His grandma and grandpa love spoiling him. I got spoiled to though, I also got new clothes!!
Clay did so good on the plane too!! I was a little bit worried because our flight home was so late, but he slept all three hours!!!! The plane ride there he slept most of the way too, he was awake for about an hour of it! What a good boy!

5 comments:

Megan and Travis said...

Very cute pictures! I especially love the one of your mom's face when y'all are surprising her! I'm so glad y'all had such a fun time while you were there!

canihavethisdance said...

What a great surprise for your mom!
We had fun visiting with Travis and Megan a few weeks ago.

jen said...

what a fun surprise! I bet your mom was so happy!

amy said...

ooooh, i want to eat him up! clay gets more darling each time i see him. i can't wait to hold him! love you guys.

Anonymous said...

what a fun surprise!